Sunday, January 25, 2015

Some Of My Favorite Sketches Ra.Ca.No.Ki.


Alright, so these are some of my most favorite fashion type sketches, and all of them have some sort of really great memory to me. If you’re interested in knowing these memories, here we go (going from top left, to middle, to top right, to bottom left, middle, bottom right)

Sketch 1: These was when I began to sketch once more in the summer, it was after my first true breakup and art was when I was really expressing myself and going back to my past happy days and related to one of my most favorite anime of all time Soul Eater. It was the first anime I saw and my best friend actually introduced me to it, and I had the idea of the sketch months prior but over the summer finally got to it.

Sketch 2: This was actually a sketch that became a reality because I was assigned in my semester long fashion and textiles class as my final project to make a total of 15 sketches as my "collection" and create one of those sketches to become reality and it was to be presented in a school runway show. It was definitely an odd and stressful experience, I am happy to say I earned the most applause at the show. I created the dress along with a purse made completely out of pop tabs. Though this was always my favorite sketch of the whole collection and always brings the thought of "I got through all the yelling, mean people, with acing my design and getting famous from it".

Sketch 3: This was a request made from a friend, some months before I ever even saw the show Doctor Who but was always interested with the space look of the show. I actually recorded myself drawing this, comment if you're interested in me posting this video. I am very happy with the way the sketch came out, it was one of my earlier  attempts with using watercolors in my sketches.

Sketch 4: I was always interested in the style of Halo, due to my friend always talking about it and forced me to watch "Red vs Blue" and over summer once I started posted my sketches on Facebook another friend suggested I try to do a Halo inspired sketch. I actually went to PaxPrime, a gaming convention being held in Seattle because my sister desperately all summer begged for our family to take her so she could go to a meet a greet and it was there I actually had fun (I'm a bit of a gamer) seeing all the fandoms and especially what interested me the most was seeing all the wonderful cosplay. I actually interviewed a couple cosplayers asking about their costumes, what inspired them to create it, the struggles, time, what materials, etc. 

Sketch 5: This is actually the most recent of the sketches and this was made around the end of November. I was starting to create a bunch of sketches and this was my favorite and I honestly think best of the bunch. It's a simple type design and want to one day actually create it.

Sketch 6: This was made over the summer as well, and Disney is a major inspiration to me. I was listening to instrumentals for Disney rides and it truly inspired this sketch. It was one of the most loved and praised and by my friends and just makes me happy when I see this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment